Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Gag Me With A Celebrity Fetus

Yeah, I know, celebrities are real people, too, but they make me wanna barf sometimes. If I see one more knocked up celebrity with her arms cradled around her belly while posing on the red carpet, I swear I'm gonna blow chunks. Don't get me wrong: it's great to finally see them out there rockin' their giant bellies in all their bloated, pregnant glory, but those Hollywood folks turn it into this disgusting sort of fashion trend.

Gwen, Rachel, you guys are swell, really. I mean, good for you that Gavin filled you with his man seed and you conceived. But please stop with your faux posturing. Please. That goes for the rest of you, too. Seriously, I am seeing it way too much. I'm sure it's natural to touch your "baby bump" to some extent (yet another term that makes me wanna hurl), but I am not kidding when I say I was sickened by watching Gwen Stefani deliberately wrap her tummy in her arms repeatedly for the papparazzi, and I can't tell you how many pictures I've seen of Rachel Weisz from different events in the same types of poses. Maybe it's just me, but G.S. looks like she's got a little bit of an arched back like she's trying to pooch it out even more. Yeah, we get it. You're pregnant and you're royalty and us common folk can't wait for the spawn of your crown. Puke.

gwen rachel

In other news, last night I dreamt that Chan Marshall (Cat Power) had been my neighbor for the past two years, and I just found out about it. So we hung, and she wasn't crazy at all. She even let me karaoke to one of her songs for her. Oh yeah, and her hair was red and she had freckles.

Also, currently spinning in the Lady's headphones: redneck rap from Bubba Sparxxx. Yeah, the three "x"s are annoying as fuck, but I gotta say, I really like Bubba. The bluegrass and hip-hop fusion really works for him.

~ the lady love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Agreed. Related irk: I have recently run across a lot of red carpet photos from the Globes, the Grammys, etc. showing just barely pregnant stars. And the captions always said, "[Celebrity Woman], who is pregnant, is nominated this year for [some fabulous award]." Why would they mention that XYZ Celebrity is pregnant if I can't even tell? or is it really apparent to everyone else that this woman has gained 3.5 pounds and needs a very good excuse for why?...

Princess B said...

"Yeah, we get it. You're pregnant and you're royalty and us common folk can't wait for the spawn of your crown. Puke."

Hilarious!

the lady love said...

hee hee...