Monday, May 08, 2006

Driven

My memory will not fail me now
And the rest is history

(Bergquist/Detweiler)

---

I know I've said it before: my memory is pretty remarkable. I used to think it was cool or that I was gifted or some shit like that, but in my old age I think it might just be my undoing. Inconsistency is one of the most aggravating (and most shared) qualities I find among other people. But if my memory weren't so good, I'd never even know it. And though you'd think it'd be better, what's worse is having irrefutable evidence right in front of me to remind me that, indeed, I remembered it correctly. Yet somehow it makes me feel even crazier.

I swear, people, I think it will eventually drive me over the edge. ~tll

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too, lea. i remember EVERYTHING!!--it makes me crazy sometimes, though it can be great, too. it can be a fun parlor trick--telling people what they said to me 17 years ago the day we met, what they were wearing, and me being worried that i offended them somehow because i said something too familiar and tactless that they of course, DON'T remember.
but sometimes it can make me a little crazy.

s

the lady love said...

Yes, it is a special talent being able to remember the slightest details even after so many years. That's exactly the kind of memory I have. What someone is wearing, what they said, even the date it happened still 10 years later. There used to be a joke among some of my friends that they didn't have to remember anything because that's what they had me for. The thing is, you don't just remember the good stuff. You remember the bad stuff, too.