Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't Tell Me What To Do

It's true. I don't like to be told what to do. You could say that I'm somewhat anti-authority, although "anti-authority" might be a bit of a misnomer since I've never been rebellious when it comes to, say, a supervisor in a professional capacity. I never defied my parents, either. But, in general, I don't abide stupid rules or people who tell me what I can or can't do or should or shouldn't do. In fact, it usually has the exact opposite effect. I become extremely resistant. And the more pressure that is put on me, the less likely I am to do what you want me to do.

If you want me to do something for you, then just ask me nicely. I'll most likely oblige you. If you want me to do something that you think is in my best interest or "just because," then it's probably best to just keep your mouth shut unless I ask you for your support or opinion.

Unless, of course, you're slung up in bed with me. Then I might not mind so much.

~ the lady love

2 comments:

j/r said...

the genesis of the lady, will the faithful readers ever learn the scoop?

the lady love said...

There are some folks who had access to my old page that I don't want up in my business.