Monday, April 03, 2006

Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me

Last night I dreamt
That somebody loved me
No hope, no harm
Just another false alarm

Last night I felt
Real arms around me
No hope, no harm
Just another false alarm

Sometimes I feel lame always posting songs or lyrics to my blog, but if you only knew how much I loved it, how much it is part of me, you would be ever so forgiving of my unoriginality.

So the stereo is spinning at this very moment and just spit out Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me by The Smiths. Man, I loooove this song, especially after that long, understated intro, and then, bam, the full band strikes and Morrissey lays down his smooth vocals, and just like the song's title, it's all aptly dreamy. I think it's that very moment that gets me in my gut so that I have to replay the song three times just to relive it again and again. And the first two verses just grab hold of me and won't let go. Every time. Every. Single. Time.

~ the lady love

No comments: