Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Irony Is...

Saturday night I photographed a circuit party, which was a fundraiser to for a local charity organization. There were about 1200 people there, 1190 of them shirtless gayboys and the other 10 your token straight folk. It was a fantastic party, but I gotta say that I could go the rest of my life without seeing another topless man and be fine.

There's a joke that goes, "How do you recognize two lesbians on their second date? One of them has a u-haul behind her." On the flip side, "How do recognize two gay men on their second date? What second date?" So the funny thing is, whether gay or straight, men are still men. While they were all there to support an excellent cause, it was still an opportunity for them to cruise each other and ogle each other's goods. Men really sick me out. Sorry, but they do, and I'm no prude.

The irony is, I still can't decide if it bothers me more to be in a roomful of men where all they want to do is fuck you or to be in a roomful of men where none of them want to fuck you.

~the lady love

No comments: