Monday, December 05, 2005

Just Downloaded

Man, iTunes can spoil the hell out of of a girl. I got a hankering for Peter Murphy's "Cuts You Up" and within seconds I had downloaded a live version from the Alive Just for Love album. Such a good song.

Speaking of live albums, Bonnie Prince Billy's (Will Oldham) latest album (Nov 2005) is a live one called Summer in the Southeast. I gotta say that, when it comes to live albums, I'm pretty indifferent. I mean, a live show is one thing, but a live album? Typically they don't do a whole lot for me, in large part due to the fact that the studio version is usually better; cleaner. Plus, part of the thrill of a live performance is being there live yourself, right? However, BPB's record is quite impressive and only motivates me that much more to see him live. His music is pretty mellow - even the more upbeat ones - but duuuuude, the live version of "Madelaine Mary" rocks so much.

Also currently spinning at the Lady's Love Lounge: Zap Mama.

~ the lady love

2 comments:

the lady love said...

Yay. I like it when people agree with me. And yes, if you like good music, then you will enjoy him, but I've found that people have very different ideas of what good music is.

the lady love said...

I dont even know who Bachman Turner Overdrive is. Should I?