Sunday, November 13, 2005

Over Again

It's over again. I knew this fling we were having wouldn't last long. It couldn't. He is toxic for me, evidenced by the fact that I exercise very poor judgement when it comes to him. I got some really good sex out of the deal though and the depression fucked right out of me, though.

I've never really said what happened with him, and honestly, I am not interested in dedicating any more of my time or energy to him by telling the story now. Don't get me wrong. I made my fair share of mistakes, occasionally ignoring some blood red flags. In the end, though, the breakdown came more from his end, I believe.

I got reminded this past weekend of just how bad he is for me and realized that there was no way in hell I was going to repeat a cycle of any kind.

Bye Bye Johnny Boy.

~ the lady love

2 comments:

Mark Burris - BURRIS said...

TLL -
It's as though you've been on vacation, seeing the elaborate sights, eating extravagant meals, drinking outstanding wines and waking up the next morning with colossal hangovers.

Nice to have you back.

the lady love said...

Well put. And once the hangover subsided, I would forget just how bad my head ached and think, "Gee, that wine buzz sure was good," and do it all over again, at least one more time.